Gay Ellen Dennett and I are running "Saturday Night Dead" at Boskone. It's a "when weirds collide" kind of thing, with the weirds in this case being Mardi Gras, Vampires, and a taste of N4's First Night. There's a games area open from 8:30-10pm Saturday, and we'd love for Arisia folks to help by running one of the tables/activities.
The possibilities still open are:
- Graveyard ring toss (toss glow-stick rings over crosses stuck into graves) -- plan is to make an ensmalled graveyard by puting down tarps, fake grass, and mounds of dirt for the graves.
- Ducks'n'devils -- duck pond game with duckies and devil duckies
- Pin the tail on the werewolf
Or, you'd be welcome to suggest/bring a game of your own. The other
activities we expect to have are:
- Cheeblemancy (Esther Friesner's twist on fortune-telling, IIUC)
- Kabinki (dice game)
- Costuming (kid-oriented w/voodoo wands, crowns, and more)
- Face painting
- King of the Dead contest
- Fannish Tarot readings, using the fan tarot deck
We have generic Mardi Gras beads to give to everyone, and special strands to use as prizes. We also have a few other prizes, most notably a bunch of glass beakers.
What sounds good to you?
Now I'm also very interested in running an Arisia party on Saturday night, immediately following this event, and I don't want to burn people up. But it's an interesting thought. Anyone have any ideas?