the golden mean|
[Most Recent Entries]
Wednesday, October 12th, 2005
- Wow, Palm chose the $300 price point for their long-rumored TX instead of the $400 price point.
- That makes it quite a good deal indeed.
- That's less expensive than either the TC or the T5, and the specs are far superior.
- Curious that they're still bothering to list either of those other devices on their web site.
- I do wish they had a device with the new multi-connector at a $150 price point.
- Though they do finally seem to have changed their open-box prices to reflect the recently lowered price of the E2, so that's something.
- A friend told me that Sleepytime Gorilla Museum was like a cross between Einsturzende Neuebaten and The Residents.
- But they were a lot quieter than that.
- miss_chance and I thought they were more like a cross between The Dresden Dolls and Devo.
- Sleepytime Gorilla Musuem had a lot of interesting instruments.
- Some were recognizable: guitar, bass, xylophone, wa-wa pedal, circular saw blade.
- But there was a woman who played something almost but not entirely unlike a hurdy-gurdy, and something that wasn't a dobro, and something that might have been somewhat inspired by a sitar.
- It wasn't the show I was expecting.
- But neither were Einsturzende Neuebaten, when I saw them.
- I put a business card in a fishbowl and won a free lunch.
- But proverbially, it's not really free: There's a 5-minute pitch for some financial services at the beginning.
- It's also in Davis Square, rather than anywhere convenient to my office, since that's where I put the business card in.
- I'm not sure if I want to take them up on the lunch or not.
- China just launched two more astronauts, bringing their total to three.
- What's interesting about that is they showed it on live TV, not tape delay.
Last night I dreamt that I had an alarm clock which functioned by telling a cycle of increasingly-bad puns.