March 5th, 2007

default

geek factor

This weekend we had some decent weather, so I finally took down the last of the Christmas lights. We have a lot more than we can use, and we're also in the middle of an LED-ification project. So besides putting it all in the basement with the stuff that didn't go out, I made an inventory. In Google Spreadsheets, so I can put in the price of LED strands and have it tell me which things are cost-effective to convert and which I should wait for the price of LEDs to come down further.

Perhaps I'll remember, this fall, to offer the stuff we're not using to the neighbors to enhance the critical mass on our street.